Thursday, January 26, 2006

Alright. I started the yurt. So far,

1) I got a ton of saw dust in the face.
2) I spent about $100 dollars on wood, only the beginning of the tapping the bank I'm sure.
3) I got a piece of wood in my eye that took me out of commission for the rest of the night (I'm still not sure where that obstruction went. I think it's lodged itself in the back of my eye-socket. Maybe that's why my eye keeps blurring..?)
4) I'm having a great time...

I have all the side lathes of oak and maple cut to size with holes drilled. Next I will round the edges of the lathes and start tying them together to create a sort of collapsible lattice. Two of these walls will be lashed together on one end and the other two will border the door frame, creating a circle from a birds-eye perspective. I will place pictures here so it all makes sense soon.

On a side note, my 8x8 glass baking pan blew up on a hot burner in Janelle's face. I can't believe she didn't get shards in her eyes... Glass everywhere. So, when people say, don't use glassware on the stove top, believe them. This was a case of mistaken burner knob. Not a fun note to end on, so here's one: I've used three q-tips tonight. It feels sooooo goooood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Zippy. I still can't remember my password...

Dude! Whats the theme here? Eye protection I'd say. At this rate, you should hang a few pairs of biology class goggles next to your door for visitors.

Know that you are making anyone else out there who has done the "mistaken burner" error feel a whole lot less alone.

Go yurts!

January 27, 2006 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could market mini-yurts to go over oven burners when not in use... ?

dude, i can't believe i haven't seen any of this yet. can i come over and play today after work?

January 27, 2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home