Sunday, January 08, 2006

For the most part, computers can really help with cutting down on environmental impact. The amount of paper saved by using electronic media in it's place is a huge improvement. However, I found out today that compturs supposedly charge dust particles with some crazy stuff that's bad for your health. I know that doesn't provide very much detail hence near zero credibility, but the fact is at least some people are scared of this... Something else that does not impact our earth very well is cd's that are thrown away due to poor burnings. I was thinking of ideas to use "mistake" cds. I already use them as coasters, but I was thinking if you have a bunch of cds, you could drill holes through a small stack and slide bolts through the holes. Tighten the bolts and then insert an axle of sorts through the large hole in the center. I wonder how much weight you could support with a few cd wheels? Maybe I'll get around to actually doing it. If so, I'll amend this post and insert a picture of the experiment.

-is

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could always export them to Nepal. every truck/car seems to have one hanging from the rearview mirror. don't ask me why. on second thought, ask me why. Then maybe I'll ask someone here who does it and find out and then be able to answer your question.

p.s. this is zippy. i forgot my password though

January 11, 2006 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i'm sorry i haven't read your blog. but that's what you get for not going live journal... puuuuuunk!

i've always heard that old AOL discs and badly burned discs are excellent for yert decoration and keeping crows out.

January 27, 2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home