Monday, March 13, 2006

Overdue Post

To those who leave comments, thank you. It is wonderful to hear from all of you.

My respite from the blog postings may lead you to think I've been slacking a bit. And... I have been. However, progress ensues on the yurt. The past couple of weeks, I have been working on and finally completed the crown's ring that acts as the keystone for all of the roof rafters. Today, my body once again feels the stress of using new muscles. I shouldn't whine, but my jaw aches as well. Not from some manly injury incurred by bubba's fist. My jaw was pushed back as a result from the dust mask. It scrunched my nose and cheeks reducing my once proportionate facial features to resemble a Pug dog. But that's ok! Because I have conquered another fine day of progress on the yurt.

I now have all of the rafters cut with beveled corners and 5 of them tapered on one end to fit inside the holes on the crown. Tomorrow, as I have the week off, I will finish tapering the rest of the rafters and start drilling holes in the opposite end that will then receive rope loops. These loops will hook onto the top of the lattice walls supporting the base of the roof. It'll make more sense with pictures later. Right now, I'm going to shower and see if 'adding water' will restore my face back into it's proper shape.

-is

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could see the yurt-in-progress last week. Pretty cool.

March 23, 2006 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't thank you enough, Ivan, for giving up your yurt time to help us move furniture at Grandma's house. Your help was priceless. Sorry that your yurt progress was slowed down. Love, Mom

March 26, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger yurtman said...

It was nice to be in Kalispell with you guys. I'm glad I could help...

March 26, 2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home